The Director of Community Support Services (DCSS) – Supported Employment provides services to Hope support recipients through their work in statewide management and administration of employment supports; including the planning, organizing, and coordinating of transitional employment services for youth and adults. This position has responsibility to ensure that opportunities for full community employment exist for persons seeking employment, as well as to ensure that opportunities exist for people to demonstrate a positive citizenship ethic through community volunteerism and civic engagement. The DCSS coaches, teaches, mentors, and leads a professional team in job development, volunteer development, and community business partnerships. The DCSS is responsible for ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations, accreditation standards, and policies and procedures of the Agency. The DCSS utilizes strategies in alignment with organizational culture and the management and service philosophy of Hope. This position is responsible for the management and administration of the Network, including planning, organizing, coordinating and monitoring Network activities. This position monitors expenditures, maintains adequate staffing levels, evaluates employees and departmental contract providers, and contributes to the overall planning and development of the Agency. The Director of Community Support Services – Supported Employment maintains loyalty to the organization, its beliefs, values, mission, vision, and expectations and to the recipients of services.
1. Manages the Supported Employment Service team (SEST) to ensure provision of community employment supports utilizing the least levels of support required.
2. Maintains knowledge of Centers for Medicaid/Medicare Services’ person centered planning processes, Employment First legislation expectations, and supported employment services requirements established by Senior and Disabilities Services and other funding streams, i.e., Division of Vocational Rehabilitation service.
3. Supervises, develops, evaluates, counsels, and disciplines staff through teaching, coaching and mentoring. Collaborates in all aspects of onboarding personnel to fulfill department requirements.
4. Develops and maintains working relationships with local Department of Labor Vocational Rehabilitation offices to coordinate necessary supports.
5. Maintains adequate staffing levels; participates in personnel action including recommending hiring and separation, interviewing, evaluating, disciplining, and departmental approval of personnel actions.
6. Prepares the SEST budget, monitors all monthly expenditures, approves (at the team level) purchase requests, exercises cost control, and meets Agency KPIs.
7. Prepares program proposals, assesses and evaluates to ensure SEST goals/objectives are met.