The Community Programs Supervisor provides services to Hope support recipients through their work in developing, implementing and facilitating quality recreational programs that promote skill development and acquisition. This position interfaces with the community and collaborates with internal/external stakeholders to connect support recipients to community through meaningful activities to enhance and develop the abilities of support recipients. The Community Programs Supervisor oversees the delivery of services to support recipients as delineated in the Plans of Care and/or support plans, utilizing strategies in alignment with organizational culture and the management and service philosophy of Hope. This includes ensuring that services address the health and safety needs of the support recipients and provide positive learning and inclusion opportunities. The Community Programs Supervisor provides supervision, coaching, and mentoring to direct support staff and volunteers that assist with and/or facilitate inclusionary community supports. The Community Programs Supervisor maintains loyalty to the organization, its beliefs, values, mission, vision, and expectations, and to the recipients of services.
1. Develops and coordinates community inclusion activities to provide support recipients moments of opportunity, exploration and discovery.
2. Participates with evaluating recreation programs on a regular basis.
3. Monitors grants and collects data to report progress per grant guidelines.
4. Monitors community sites and communicates with vendors that Hope utilizes for inclusionary activities in accordance with local, state, and Federal regulations.
5. Develops staff through teaching, coaching and mentoring in the delivery of quality services.
6. Supervises, develops, evaluates, counsels, and disciplines staff. Collaborates in all aspects of onboarding personnel to fulfill service requirements.
7. Monitors and ensures staff training compliance, including home and support recipient specific trainings, as well as compliance with employment related documents.
8. Schedules staff in alignment with services delineated in the Plan of Care and/or support plans and with service delivery requirements.
9. Completes specified tasks associated with development of a support recipient’s Plan of Care and/or support plans in accordance with state requirements.
10. Develops goals and objectives in partnership with support recipients in alignment with their desired outcomes and ensures staff implementation.
11. Knows each support recipient’s Plan of Care and/or support plans and the requirements for those plans assigned to oversee.
12. Monitors service utilization and goal progress for support recipients and implements corrections as necessary.
13. Ensures all services are provided in a cost effective manner and in alignment with relevant local, state, and federal regulations and complies with mandatory reporting responsibilities.
14. Monitors, reviews, approves, and ensures accurate and timely submission of service and employment related documentation from direct support staff.