The Lead Individual Support Specialist (LISS) provides services to Hope support recipients through their leadership of an Assisted Living Home. The LISS works scheduled shifts in the home providing overall management of the assigned home. The LISS ensures the health and safety of support recipients and provides a wide range of services. This position includes teaching of living skills, social and communication skills, and other needed life skills for social independence and community inclusion. The LISS facilitates communication amongst all members of the support recipient’s team. This position leads the team of direct support employees who work in the home, ensuring the implementation of the Plan of Care and/or support plan. The Lead Individual Support Specialist maintains loyalty to the organization, its beliefs, values, mission, vision, and expectations, and to the recipients of services.
1. Provides overall leadership and management of the Assisted Living Home.
2. Supervises, develops, evaluates, counsels, and disciplines staff through teaching, coaching and mentoring. Collaborates in all aspects of onboarding personnel to fulfill department requirements.
3. Operates the home within Hope’s, and each support recipient’s, budgetary guidelines, including responsibility for staff allocations in alignment with Hope’s budget. Responsible for the home and support recipients’ funds and monthly reports.
4. Assists in the development of Plans of Care and/or support plans and interaction guidelines.
5. Provides, or schedules staff to provide, personal care and support services required for each support recipient, including, but not limited to, activities of daily living and community activities. Ensures each individual participates safely in a wide range of age-appropriate activities. Ensures goals and objectives are being worked on as outlined in the Plan of Care and/or support plan.
6. Coordinates, and provides if necessary, transportation to meet support recipients’ schedules, including public transportation and rides to work, appointments, and activities.
7. Monitors support recipients’ health and ensures each support recipient follows medical orders and medication instructions, under the direction of the support recipient’s physician and/or Hope nursing staff. Accompanies and participates in medical appointments as necessary. Accesses emergency services as needed.
8. Facilitates, coordinates, and/or participates in home, behavioral health, and other team meetings occurring during work days, as required. Provides training for staff in the home as assigned.
9. Verifies, approves, and quality assures time sheets, daily log notes, service notes, goal tracking, and other documentation generated by staff working in the home.
10. Completes and processes Agency documentation within required timeframes, including the timely submission of all maintenance requests, vehicle safety checklists and accident reports, monthly home reports, and incident reports. Regularly reviews and/or quality assures documentation to comply with Agency standards.
11. Maintains Home License and requirements for re-licensure, in collaboration with the Hope Assisted Living Home Supervisor and Adult Licensing Specialist.