The Maintenance Specialist II provides services to Hope support recipients through their work in performing maintenance and general repairs in the areas of carpentry, painting, equipment servicing, plumbing, electrical, flooring installation, and ADA remodeling. The work carried out must meet the generally accepted local, state and OSHA standards of the construction, remodel, and repair industries. This position works under general supervision in completing tasks that range from routine to more complex remodeling assignments in residential and commercial settings. The Maintenance Specialist II maintains loyalty to the organization, its mission, vision, beliefs, values, and expectations, and to the recipients of services.
Essential Job Duties
1. Receives and completes maintenance requests using the Computer Maintenance Monitoring System (CMMS) relating to Agency owned/leased property and equipment, as prioritized by management.
2. Completes independently a variety of assigned tasks to include carpentry, painting, equipment servicing, plumbing, electrical, flooring, and HVAC.
3. Complies with all local, state and OSHA standards related to job duties.
4. Travels to Agency designated regions for maintenance repairs and replacements, as requested. May be asked to travel without notice for emergency situations.
5. Communicates with staff and support recipients regarding current and foreseeable projects in their homes.
6. Inspects homes and office facilities as assigned and reports all items of concern and a plan of action to correct such concerns to the Physical Plant Manager.